Document Type: Original Article
One factor that has highlighted the role of agriculture in the economy is to make the marketing system of agricultural products more efficient. The main purpose of this study was to identify the requirements of marketing the organic pomegranate of Paveh, Kermanshah Province, Iran, from the perspective of farmers. In order to identify contributing factors, an exploratory factor analysis was used. The population of this study consisted of the pomegranate growers of Paveh (N=2000) and 320 people were selected using the Cochran formula and a proportional stratified sampling method. The main research instrument was a questionnaire that was completed by interview. Validity and reliability were confirmed using the feedbacks of advisors through 0.78 Cronbach's alpha coefficient. The results showed that the requirements were classified in eight factors of motivational improvement such as informing, technical, policy, economic, marketing, infrastructure, management, and social– services and they could explain 87 percent of the organic pomegranate marketing variance.
- Ardestani, M., & Mozeni, S. (2012). Investigation of Kerman’s pistachio marketing. Commercial Studies, 53, 43-54.
- Barabari, A. (2011). Analysis of structure Iran’s agricultural products marketing. Agricultural Economic and Development, 75, 163-184.
- Callado, C. P. (2000). CIHEAM-Options Mediterranean’s. Retrieved November 24, 2013, from http://om.ciheam.org/om/pdf/a42/00600248.pdf
- Christie, S. (2007). Pomegranates Albanian export opportunities to Europe and the region. Retrieved November 24, 2013, from http://greenmarket.al/web/pub/albania-pomegranate-market-pportunities-12-19-21-1.pdf
- Colom, A. (2009). The challenges of organic production and marketing in Europe and Spain: innovation marketing for the future with quality and safe food products. Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing (21), 166-190.[DOI via Crossref]
- Ehtesham Majd, Sh., Omidi Najafabadi, M., & Ahmadi, M. (2014). Strategies of mobile marketing development of agriculture products in Iran using SWOT analysis. National electronic congress of new achievements in engineering and basic science. June 2014.
- Gbolahan, S. F. (2013). The Federal Univershty of Technology Akure. Retrieved December 5, 2013, from http://www.slideshare.net/gbolahanfolarin/agric-marketing
- Karkoodi, F. (2013). Coordinator of projects IPM and FAO. Personal communication, February 2013.
- Kohansal, M. R., & Rahimi, M. (2013). Investigating factors marketing pomegranate in Fars. International Journal of Agronomy and Plant Production, 4(10), 2759-2763.
- Koujalgi, C. B., Mundinamani, S. M., Kulkarni, B. S., Mahajanshetty, S. B., & Sheikh, M. K. (2013). Identification of different marketing chains for domestic and export purpose of omegranate in karnataka. Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 4(2), 241-245.
- Mohammadi, R. (2011). Role of ICT in agricultural products marketing from viewpoint of agricultural experts of Garmsar. Unpublished thesis of Islamic Azad University, Science and Research branch, Tehran.
- Olhan, E., Ataseven, Y., & Gun, S. (2005). Organic farming in Turkey. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 8)3(, 505-509.
- Salem, J. & Tabatabaei, S. (2011). National congress of Pomegranate. October 2011, Retrieved from htpp://www.kj-tarvij.ir/files/maghalat.pdf.