Document Type: Original Article
Management Department, University of Ilam, Iran.
Faculty of Agriculture, Islamic Azad University, Ilam Branch, Ilam, Iran.
Since insuring agricultural products is one of the effective instruments for risk management in agricultural sector, it can reduce risk avoidance among farmers and increase their competence in using production factors and, consequently, increases their inclination towards investment in agricultural sectors. The purpose of the current study was to investigate the factors influencing policyholders’ satisfaction with the performance of insurance funds in the field of agricultural products. Statistical population consisted of all farmers (wheat growers) living in Ilam Province who had insured their products in 2014. The population for this search was policyholders of agricultural insurance fund in Ilam township that amounted to 250 out of which 158 ones were sampled by Morgan’s sampling table and simple random method of sampling. A questionnaire was utilized as a data collection instrument. The reliability and validity of this instrument was verified by the judgments of the experts of Islamic Azad University of Ilam and Cronbach alpha coefficients (estimated to be 0.80). The data were analyzed by descriptive and inferential statistics using SPSSwin19 Software Package. It was found out that 68% of variations in policyholders’ satisfaction with the performance of insurance fund in the field of agricultural products were influenced by variables such as orientations towards insuring products, the performance of insurance fund, providing services and facilities by the insurance fund, and the promptness and skill of insurance fund employees.
- Auh, S., & Johnson, M. (2005). Compatibility effects in evaluations of satisfaction of loyalty. Journal of Economic Psychology, 26(1), 35-57.
- Choi, K., Cho, W., Lee, S., Lee, H., & Kim, C. (2004).The relationships among quality, value, satisfaction and behavioral intention in health care provider choice. Journal of Business Research, 57(8), 913-921.
- Gujarati, D, (2013), the foundations of econometrics, translated by Hamid Abrishami, Tehran University Publication, Tehran.
- Ghavidel, Z. (2011). Investigating the factors affecting the development of Kolza insurance in Kermanshah Province. Unpublished thesis, Razi University of Kermanshah,Agriculture Department.
- Misra, P. K. (1999). Planing for the development and operation of Agricultural Insurance Schemes, in Asia. Report of the APO seminar on agricultural insurance Held in Manila Philippines.
- Muze, M., & Vevere, M. (2006). Measuring Customer Satisfaction in the State Social Insurance Agency. paper presented 27-29 September 4th Quality Conference for Public Administrations in the EU
- Naeemi Nezam Abadi, M. (1999). Investigating and determining the factors influencing the development of agricultural product insurance. Unpublished thesis. Management faculty. Tehran University.
- Raheli, M., & Ghahremanzadeh, M. (2015). Factors influencing the amount of cooperation on the part of beet cultivators in the suggested insurance project of regional performance: the case of Khoy County. The Knowledge of Agriculture and Stable Production, 6(17), 23-32.
- Rasool, F. (2001). The position of village in the process of social welfare. Agricultural Economics and Development, 8(31), 153-161.
- Shahnooshi, N., Rafiee Daraee, H., & Edalatian, A. (2012). Investigation structural and functional factors influencing the policyholders’ satisfaction of the performance agricultural products insurance (the case of Khorasan Razavi). Quarterly of agricultural Economics. 5 (1), 103-121.
- Yazdanpanah, M., Zamani, GH. M., & Rezaee Moghadam, k. (2010). Farmers’ satisfaction of the performance of agricultural products insurance: the application of rout analysis. Agricultural and Development Economics, 2 (66), 139-164.