Document Type : Original Article
Student in Business Administration (Marketing), Alborz University, Qazvin, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Management and Accounting, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran, Iran
The present research carried out to study the relationship of market orientation and innovation and their effect on entrepreneurship and value creation for customers. To do so, as the sample was unlimited, 241 active companies in agriculture and food industry were selected as the samples by random sampling method. Via standard questionnaire, we gathered data on managers and senior experts' opinions about marketing and sales in each of the enterprises and analyzed data using the construct equations and with the help of SPSS and LISERL software. The results showed that market orientation affected entrepreneurship; value creation for customers, and innovation in entrepreneurship and value creation on customer have significantly affected. Also, the adjustability effect of innovation was confirmed on relationships between market orientation and entrepreneurship, and between market orientation and value creation for customers. According to the findings, it was illustrated that entrepreneurship did not have a significant effect on value creation for customers and also the innovation factor could not adjust the relationship between entrepreneurship and value creation for customers.
- Hisrich, R. D., & Peters, M. P. (2002). Entrepreneurship. 5th edition. Sydney: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Matsuno, K., Mentzer, J. T., & Ozsomer, A. (2002). The effect of entrepreneurial proclivity and market orientation on business performance. Journal of Marketing, 66(3), 18−32.
- Mavondo, F., Chimhanzi, J., & Stewart, J. (2005). Learning orientation and market orientation: Relationship with innovation, human resource practices and performance. European Journal of Marketing, 39(11-12), 1235−1263.
- Moller, K. (2006). Role of competences in creating costumer value: a value creation logic approach. Industrial Marketing Management, 35(8),913-924.
- MoosaviMovahedi, A. A., & KiyaniBakhtiyari, A. (2009). What are Innovation, research and education? Review and propose comprehensive definition. Rahyaft, 42, 4-9.
- Narver, J. CandSlater, S. F. (1990). The effects of a market orientation on business profitability. Journal of Marketing, 54, 20-35.
- Nasution, H. N., & Mavondo, F. T. (2008). Organizational capabilities: Antecedents and implications for customer value. European Journal of Marketing, 42(3-4), 477−501.
- Nasution, H., Mavondo, F., & Jekanyka, M. (2011). Entrepreneurship; its relationship with market orientation and learning orientation and as antecedents to innovation and costumer value. Journal of Industrial Marketing Management, 40(3), 336-345.
- Nayebzadeh, S., & Mansoori, E. (2011). Introduce existing models in value form customer perspective. National Conference on the Iranian Leadership and Management Challenges. Isfahan Islamic Azad University, July 15th , 2010.
- Ngo, L. V., & O'Cass, A. (2009). Creating value offerings via operant resource-based capabilities. Industrial Marketing Management, 38(1), 45–58.
- Song, M., & Xie, J. (2000). Does innovativeness moderate the relationship between cross-functional integration and product performance? Journal of International Marketing, 8(4), 61−89.