Document Type : Original Article
Assistant Professor, Department of Entrepreneurship and Rural Development, Ilam University, Iran
Given entrepreneurs’ special role in the economic growth and development, many developed and developing countries are attempting to motivate more number of people who have entrepreneurial characteristics towards entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities. The purpose of this research was to study the effectiveness of entrepreneurship training courses in Ilam Province, Iran. In this research a descriptive survey method was used. The statistical population consisted of 830 people that based on Cochran’s formula and by using proportionate stratified random sampling method 130 people were selected as the sample. The research tool was a questionnaire which its validity was confirmed by a panel of experts’ and its reliability was estimated using Cronbach’s alpha as to be 0.83 proving its high reliability. Data were analyzed by SPSS Software Package. It was found that participants’ inclination towards self-employment and entrepreneurship was increased after attending the courses. Also, significant differences were observed in participants’ readiness to start a business, their familiarity with entrepreneurship concepts and their ability to make a business plan before and after attending the courses.
- Eentrepreneurship training courses had positive effect on readiness of participants to enter business world.
- Eentrepreneurship training courses had positive effect on familiarity of participants with entrepreneurship concepts
- Eentrepreneurship training courses had positive effect on ability of participants to design business plans.
- Eentrepreneurship training courses had positive effect on familiarity of participants with business regulations.
- Eentrepreneurship training courses had not positive effect on creativity and innovation, ability to evaluate entrepreneurship opportunities and business establishment and administration.
- Ahmadpour Dariani, M., & Moghimi, M. (2001). The role of government in developing entrepreneurship training. Tehran: Farandish Publication.
- Arefi, M., Fathi Vajargah, K., & Nassaj, S. (2010). Effectiveness of entrepreneurial program of Work-Knowedge field of study in highs schools. Journal of Job and Organizational Consulting , 2 (4), 47-77.
- Badri, A., Liaghatdar, M. J., Abedi, M., & Jafari, A. (2006). A survey of entrepreneurship capabilities of Isfahan university students. Journal of Researchand Planning in Higher Education, 12 (2), 73-90.
- Bandpei, S. (2012). A study on the influence of entrepreneurial skills eduction on students' attitudes towards labor market and occupational self-image (Case study: Students of Islamic Azad University of Firuzkuh). Journal of Management, 9, 19-29.
- Barani, SH., Zarafshani, K., Delangizan, S., & Hosseieni Largani, M. (2010)|. The effect of entrepreneurship training on entrepreneurial behaivior among Kermanshah University students: structural equation model. Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education, 57, 85 – 105.
- Eskandari, F. (2005). A study on approaches to develop entrepreneurship in higher education system of agriculture in Iran. Agriculture Extension and Education Group, Unpublished dissertation. Tehran University, Tehran, Iran.
- Gallowy, L., Anderson, M., Brown, W., & Wilson, L. (2005.) Enterprise skills for the economy, Education and Training, 47(1), 7-17.
- Hezarjaribi, J. (2003). A study on entrepreneurship among gradutes of human science in the field of cultural and social journals in Tehran (Unpublisheddissertation). Isfahan University, Faculty of Literature and Human Science, Iran.
- Hosseinian, S., Tabatabaei Yahyabadi, S., & Khodabakhshi Koulayi, A. (2007). A study on the effectiveness of job preparation and entrepreneurship courses on entrepreneurial attitudes of youths applied for job creation loans in Tehran. Jounal of Counseling Association, 23, 41-66.
- Hytti, U. (2003). From unemployment to entrepreneurship: Constructing different meaning. Journal of Business Venturing, 18, 29-37.
- Kia, M., & Ahmadzade, N. (2007). Entrepreneurship and higher education. Journal of Employment and Entrepreneurship, 5(19), 41-49.
- Majdi, S. (2001). Approaches to develop entrepreneurship in industrial sector. Tehran: Iranian Organization of Industries Development and Renewal.
- Mehrabad, M. S., & Mehtari, M. M. (2008). Effect of entrepreneurship training on the development of entrepreneurship behavior (Case study: entrepreneurship trainings of Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs). Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 1 (2), 53-57.
- Mohseni, A., Mousavi, S. H., & Jamali, M. (2013). The role of entrepreneurship training on students’ entrepreneurial attitude and general selfefficiencybeliefs. Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education, 19 (3), 63-80.
- Peterman, N. E., & Kennedy, J. (2003). Enterprise education: Influencing students' perceptions of entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 28 (2), 129-144.
- Postigo, S. (2002). Entrepreneurship education in Argentina: The case of Sananders University. paper presented at The Internationalizing in Entrepreneurship Education and Training Conference. Malasya, July 8-10, 2002.
- Rasheed, H. S. (2004). Developing entrepreneurial potential in youth: The effects of entrepreneurial education and venture creation. Unpublished research of University of South Florida, College of Business Administration in Tampa.
- Salehi Najafabadi, R., Abedi, M. R., & Rabiei, M. (2006). Effectiveness of entrepreneurship education on increasing entrepreneurial activities of job-seeking women of Shahrekord, Iran. Knowledge and Research in Applied Psychology, 30, 111-122.
- Sharafi, M., & Moghaddam, M. (2013). Entrepreneurship education curriculum: Goals, content, teaching methods and evaluation methods. Journal of Ingenuity in Humanities, 1 (4).
- Tabatabaei, S., & Hosseinian, S. (2004). Effect of personal informing and job educations on householder women's self-esteem of Mehr Association to prepare them to enter labor market. Journal of Labor and Society, 56, 14-21.
- Tabatabaei, S., & Hosseinian, S. (2009). Empowerment of job-seeking women in Tehran. Presented at 2nd Conference of Safe Society. Tehran, publication of Nashre Shahr.
- Tabatabaei, S., & Ravaei, F. (2010). Effectiveness of entrepreneurship and psychological educations on citizens' empowerment. Journal of Organizational and Vocational Consulting, 2 (5), 29-50.
- Urbano, D. (2005).University student’s attitudes towards entrepreneurship: A two countries comparison, International Entrepreneurship and management Journal, 1(2), 165-182.