Document Type : Original Article
Assistant professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sayyed Jamaleddin Asadabadi University (SJAU), Hamedan, Iran
Department of Management, Rasht Branch, Islamic Azad University, Rasht, Iran
Research Assistant, Consumer and Producer Protection Organization, Ministry of Industry, Mine and Business, Tehran, Iran
The purpose of the Integrated Natural Resources Management program in the Middle East and North Africa Region (MENARID) is to bring national investment projects in the field of Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM). The impact evaluation study tests whether the selected technology has significantly contributed to restore and maintain of the ecosystem functions and productivity, and whether has improved the economic and social well-being of the targeted communities. We chose Kamkooyeh Village in the Behabad County where a "Village Development Group" (VDG) has been established by following participatory and capacity building approaches such as social mobilization and micro credit mechanism. A set of complementary activities and interventions were recommended and implemented in the site by consultation and active participation of the local communities and beneficiaries. One of the proposed interventions is rangelands rehabilitation project (RRP). The expected benefits and costs of the RRP were predicted through financial valuation and an ex-ante evaluation of socioeconomic impacts. The financial and social benefit-cost ratio of RRP was estimated to be about 0.97 and 2.15, respectively.
- Abbasifar, A. (2008). The Financial and Economic Evaluation o Kheiroodkenar Forest whit Emphasis on Environmental Benefits, Unpublished thesis. Departemant of Agricultural Economics. University of Tehran. Iran.
- Andeson, J., & Session, J. (1991). Managing low volume road Systems for Intermittent use, Technical Report in Transportation Research Board#1291. US.
- Baumel, C. P., Hamlett, C. A., & Pautsch, G. (1986). The Economics of reducing the county road system. Technical Report inOffice of Secretary Transportation. Department of Transportation. Iowa State University. US.
- Boardman, A. E., Greenberg, D. H., Vining, A. R., & Weimer, D. L. (2005).Cost Benefit Analysis: Concepts and Practice (3rd Edition). Prentice Hall Press. US.
- Byrd, W. A., & Gildestad, B. (2001). The Socio-Economic Impact of Mine Action in Afghanistan. A Cost - Benefit Analysis. Technical Report in World Bank.
- Dadrasi Sabzevar, A. (2007). Economic evaluation of watershed projects on agriculture, case study: Watershed of Mehr Sabzwvar. Paper presented at6th Agricultural Economics Conferance. Mashhad. Iran.
- DeGroot, R., Brander, L., Van der Ploeg, S., Costanza, R., Bernard, F., Braat, L., Christie, M., Crossmang, N., Ghermandi, A., Hein, L., Hussai. S., Kumar, P., McVittie, A., Portela, R., Rodriguez, L. C., Brinkm, P. T., & Van Beukering, P. (2012), Global Estimates of The Value of Ecosystems and Their Services in Monetary Units, Ecosystem Services, 1 (1),50–6.
- Efati. (2000). The impacts of watershed Projects on Improving The Socioeconomic Status Villages’ Watershed Basin. Articles proceedings the role of Constructing Jahad in Agrcultural and Rural Development. Reserch Centers and Rural Issuies. Iran.
- Hanson, S. D., Hamlett, C. A., Pautsch, G., & Baumel, C. P. (1985). Vehicle travel costs on Paved, Granular, and Earth Surfaced County Roads. Journal of Transportation Research Forum, 26(1), 401-406.
- Helmberger, P. J., Fruin, J., & Halbach, D. (1990). Net benefits of rural road management strategies. Unpublished thesis University of Minnesota. Minneeapolis. US.
- Hosseini, S. S., & Shahbazi, H. (2013). Assessment of R&D role for Agricultural Supply and Demand Gap Adjustment. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development, 84, 178-203.
- Hosseini, S. S., & Shahbazi, H. (2014). Assessment of Iran's optimal Agricultural R&D Expenditure. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 45(1), 23-40.
- Hossini Tavasol, M., Kohandel, M., & Mortazavi farizhendy, G. (2007). Prevent the Negative effects of Dam Construction and Use of the new Opportunities in the Areas of executive Strategies Related to natural Resources Case Study: Dam of Karon 3. Presented at 1st National Confence of Dams and Hydrolic COnstravtion, Islamic Azad University, Karaj. Iran.
- Jahern, C. T., Smith, D., Rukashaza-Mukome, M., White, D., & Johnson, G. (2005). Economics of Upgrading an aggregate Road. Technical Report in Research Services Division. Minnesota Department of Transportation. Minnesota. US.
- Khalili, S. (1995). Economic Evaluating of Songon Copper Mine Extraction. Unpublished thesis. Shahid Beheshti University. Iran.
- Khobfekr, H. A. (1999). Assessment economic social and technical the watershed activities in Sistan of province. Technical Report in soil consevation and Watershed Managment Research Center Press. Iran.
- Malek Hosseini, A., & Mirrakzade, A. A. (2014). Economic Evaluation of rural Development (Case Study of Kermansha Province Irrigation and Drainage Network). Iranina Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 45(1), 183-193.
- Mansourian, N., & Mohammadi Golrang, B. (2008). Investigation economic-Social Community Watershed Projects in Iran: case study: the Basin of Kameh Watershed of Khorasan Razavi. Presented at 6th Agricultural Economics. Mashhad. Iran.
- Pakzad, F. (1993). Economic evaluating of Investment Projects. Iran: Hirmand Press.
- Reh, F. J. (2015). Cost Benefit Analysis, Retrieved from http:// management.about.com/ cs/money /a /cost benefit.htm. US.
- Salehi, A. (2002). Evaluation of social and economic impacts of the projects watershed province (play flooding and artificial feeding). Technical Report in Department of Rural Studies. Organization of Agricultural Jahad. Isfahan. Iran.
- Sebaaly, P. E., Siddharten, R., & Huft, D. (2003). Impact of heavy Vehicles on low Volume Roads. Technical Report in Transportation Research Board#1819. US.
- Shahbazi, H. (2013). Economic evaluation of Iran’s Agricultural R&D. Unpublished dissertation Departmant of Agricultural Economics, University of Teharn. Iran.
- Shahbazi, H., Mirghasemi, S. A., Abbasifar, A., Amjadi, A., & Pakravan, M. R. (2014). Ex-ante Impact Study on the Menarid Intervention/Practices in Behabad Site, Kamkooyeh Village. Technical report in International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas. Amman. Jordan.
- Summary selection of Kamkooyeh base line study (2012), Iran’s MENARID Team Report. Technical Report in Forests, Range and Watershed Management Organization. Tehran. Iran.
- Tolliver, D. A., Dybing, A., Lu, P., & Lee, E. (2011). Modeling Investments in County and Local Roads to Support Agricultural Logistics. Journal of transportation Forum, 50(2), 101-115.
- Vreeker, R., Nijkamp, P., & Ter Wekkle, C. (2002). A Multicriteria Decision support methodology for evaluating airport expansion plans. Technical Report in Transportation Research Board#3224. US.
- Weick, e. (1993). Cost- Benefit analysis and its possible application to the EARP Process. Technincal Report in ESASINC. Retrieved from www.cyberus.ca. Canada