The purpose of this study was to analyze knowledge commercialization in agricultural higher education of Khuzestan province. To end it a survey research method was applied. Faculty members of agricultural colleges of Khuzestan province, Iran including Shahid Chamran University, Ramin Agricultural and Natural Resources University, Islamic Azad University are considered as statistical of population of study (N=417). The main instrument of research was questionnaire which validity was determined by a panel of experts and also Cronbach’s Alpha coefficient was used for determining of reliability (α=0.86). Based on regression analysis, effective researchers, effective relationship of university with industry and society, material and spiritual support of knowledge commercialization, government services, rules and regulation and parks and centers of science and technology development may well explain for 61.4 percent variations (R2=0.614) in level of knowledge commercialization in agricultural higher education. The SEM indicated that the predictive positive effect of external factors (EF) and internal factors (IF) to knowledge commercialization (KC). Also government services (GS), economic stimulus (ES), rules and regulation (RR) and Parks and Centers of science and technology development (PC) have a significant impact on EF. The findings indicated effective researchers (ER), effective relationship of university with industry and society (ERU), material and spiritual support of knowledge commercialization in universities (MS), use of specialized consultants in the field of knowledge commercialization (SC) and research quality (RQ) also have a significant impact on IF. The findings showed that these nine construct (GS, ES, RR, PC, ER, ERU, MS, SC and RQ) determinants accounts for 73 percent of the variance in the KC. The results showed that mistrust between industry and university has first priority of barriers to knowledge commercialization in agricultural higher education.
- The level of idea processing, idea evaluation, idea development and commercialization and outcome measurement were low.
- Also the level of business analysis and technology introduction was very low.
- The SEM indicated that the predictive positive effect of external factor and internal factor to knowledge commercialization.
- Mistrust between industry and university has first priority of barriers.
- The lack of attention of universities to the needs of society and industry, the lack of constructive communication between industry, university and government, respectively have allocated priorities from second to fourth.