Document Type : Original Article
Institute of Agricultural Center at the University of Zabol.
In this study, yield-water and profit function was used to obtain water demand function in agriculture sector. The results showed that the ratio of actual to potential Evapotranspiration had positive, significant effecton the ratio of actual to potential yield for wheat and barley. Also, square ratio of actual to potential Evapotranspiration had negative, significant relationship. After estimation of product function, water demand function for agriculture sector was obtained by profit function. Price elasticity of water demand for agriculture was -1.10 being less than -1 and showing that price policies can be an important factor in the control of non-optimum use of their valuable inputs.
- Alizadeh, A.(1995). AppliedPrinciples ofHydrology, University of Imam Reza. Mashhad.
- Amirnejad, H. (2006). Natural Resources Economics. Avay Maseih
- Dinar, A., & Letey, J. (1996). Modeling economic management and policy issues of water in irrigated agriculture, Praeger Publishers.
- Hooker, M., & Alexander, W. E. (1998). Estimating the demand for irrigation water in the central valley of California. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 34 (3), 497– 505
- Kehkha, A., Cacho, O., & Hardaker, B. (2004). Water resource management focusing on drought mitigation in Iran: the case of the sistan region. Paper presented at the 48thAnnual conference of the Australian Agricultural and Resource Economic Society, Melbourne February 11th to 13th.
- Mahan, R.C., Horbulykb, T.M. & Rowse, J.G. (2002). Market mechanisms and the efficient allocation of surface water resources in southern Alberta. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. 36: 25–49.
- Mahan, R.C. (1997). Efficient allocation of surface water resources in southern Alberta. Unpublished dissertation, University of Calgary, Canada.
- Ministry of Agriculture. (2000). Zabol cropping pattern a proposed plan. Unpublished working paper. Tehran. Iran.
- Montazer, A., & Riazi, H. (2008). Optimization of water allocation in Qazvin irrigation command area. Journal of Applied Irrigation Science, 43(2), 129-143
- Wang, L. (2005). Cooperative water resources allocation among competing users. unpublished dissertation Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo.
- Wang, L., Fang, L., & Hipel, K.W. (2006). Basin-wide cooperative water resources allocation: Part II. Water and net benefits reallocation. Technical Report No. 216-SM-280806, Department of Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.